How to Prevent the Occurrence of Malignant Hyperthermia Better
In the major subject of anesthesia management, we have a preliminary understanding of malignant hyperthermia
Malignant hyperpyrexia is one of the fatal anesthesia complications.
How can we better prevent the occurrence of malignant hyperthermia, is today's content.
For those patients more prone to malignant hyperthermia, the key is to prevent the onset of malignant hyperthermia, medical staff should start from the following points:
1. The medical staff should ask the patient's family history of anesthesia carefully.Patients planning general anesthesia, especially those planning to use volatile inhaled anesthetics and succinylcholine, should, as prescribed, carefully inquire about their family history of anesthesia.
2. Medical staff should carefully evaluate the susceptibility of patients to malignant hyperthermia.Patients with a history of abnormal high metabolic adverse reactions to anesthesia, first-degree relatives of MH susceptible patients, and patients with congenital skeletal muscular diseases are high-risk patients for MH during operation.
3. Adequate and appropriate medical personnel and professional equipment should be provided throughout the perioperative period to ensure the safety of patients with malignant high fever throughout the perioperative period.
4. Avoid the use of anesthetic drugs that may induce malignant high fever: local anesthesia is safer than general anesthesia for people who are susceptible to suspicious or confirmed malignant high fever.
5. If there is no abnormality during the anesthesia operation, the patient should be observed for at least 3 hours after the operation.
During the whole perioperative period, the medical temperature probe should be used to monitor the patient's temperature in real time and carefully observe the patient's temperature fluctuation. Any unnoticed temperature change may cause serious consequences.
6. Inform patients and their families of relevant information about malignant hyperthermia and conduct follow-up.
If they are going to receive anesthesia in the future, ask them to voluntarily inform the anesthesiologist of MH family history.
At present, intraoperative temperature management has not been fully popularized in mainland China, it is particularly important to take other preventive measures actively.
Previous article : Comparison and Detailed Analysis of General Anesthesia and Local Anesthesia
Next article : About the Best Treatment of Amniotic Fluid Embolism